The project – GET H2 Lingen
The nucleus of GET H2 is situated in Lingen, in Germany’s Emsland region. The first sub-project we are planning here is the establishment of a regional hydrogen infrastructure that links the energy, industry, transport and heating sectors along the entire value chain.
The project combines a variety of elements:
- electricity from renewable sources
- two power-to-gas (electrolysis) plants
- existing electricity and gas infrastructure, including a first pipeline storage facility
- a high-temperature heat pump to use the electrolysis waste heat for district heating
- a 60 MW class gas turbine for the re-electrification of 100% H2
- the existing liquid fuel infrastructure via a LOHC (Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carrier) storage and transport system
- Hydrogen filling stations of Stadtwerke Lingen
The green H2 is made available to customers in the transport, industry and energy sectors via the H2 infrastructure. On an industrial scale, the technology, which has so far been tested in many small R&D facilities, is to be brought to series maturity in a holistic approach.